Rubio says at least 300 foreign students' visas have been revoked
Source: The Hill
03/27/25 3:09 PM ET
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Thursday that at least 300 foreign students have had their visas revoked amid the Trump administrations immigration crackdown, a far higher number than was previously known. Maybe more, it might be more than 300 at this point, Rubio said at a press conference in Guyana when asked to confirm Axios reporting on the topic.
We do it every day. Every time I find one of these lunatics, I take away their visa, he added, saying he hopes its even more than the 300 estimate. I hope at some point we run out because we have gotten rid of all of them, but were looking every day for these lunatics that are tearing things up.
Axios was the first to report that 300 foreign students visas had been revoked and that administration officials are looking to block some colleges that have too many pro-Hamas foreign students from admitting any international individuals. The Hill has reached out to the State Department for comment.
Multiple high-profile cases have come out of Columbia University, Tufts and the University of Alabama as the Trump administrations crackdown on pro-Palestinian foreign students escalates.
Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/education/5218016-rubio-300-foreign-student-visas-trump-ice-immigration/

tulipsandroses
(7,095 posts)Do they get a trump gold card?
Bok_Tukalo
(4,446 posts)Surely that is the nation with the power to control our State Department.
sinkingfeeling
(54,825 posts)Fascists gotta be fascist.
twodogsbarking
(13,143 posts)surfered
(5,880 posts)AmericaUnderSiege
(777 posts)And be quick with it. Mach schnell!