UN says despite Hamas claims, aid flow into Gaza up significantly since ceasefire
UN humanitarian officials say that aid flows into Gaza have increased significantly since a ceasefire deal took effect on January 19, including for items such as tents that had previously faced Israeli restrictions.
Hamas announced on Monday it would stop releasing Israeli hostages until further notice over what the group called Israeli violations of the truce accord, raising the risk of reigniting the 15-month conflict.
It said that such alleged violations included stopping humanitarian aid from entering Gaza as stipulated in the deal, such as 60,000 mobile houses and 200,000 tents as well as heavy machinery to remove rubble and fuel.
When asked about current aid deliveries into Gaza, U. humanitarian office (OCHA) spokesperson Jens Laerke tells a Geneva press briefing: We have been able to scale up humanitarian operations significantly with food, medical and shelter supplies and other aid during the ceasefire period.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/un-says-despite-hamas-claims-aid-flow-into-gaza-up-significantly-since-ceasefire/
Hamas lied (not headline news) in order to derail the cease fire agreement (headline news).