Confusion gripped US base defenders as a flying bomb struck a deadly blow at Tower 22, investigation says
Source: Business Insider
Confusion gripped US base defenders as a flying bomb struck a deadly blow at Tower 22, investigation says
Jake Epstein
Wed, April 2, 2025 at 1:00 PM EDT 6 min read
Three US soldiers were killed last year in a drone attack at a military outpost in Jordan.
BI obtained the investigation into the attack, which said failures preceded the carnage.
It described extensive problems among the command and control soldiers who handled base security.
Intelligence had come in before the fatal strike on a US military base that an imminent attack was possible. The base soldiers responsible for tracking threats were monitoring the situation. But they say they never saw the hostile drone coming.
Business Insider obtained via the Freedom of Information Act the US Army command investigation into the January 28, 2024, attack on Tower 22, a small logistics outpost in northeastern Jordan. The explosive-packed drone launched by an Iranian-aligned militia group killed three American troops and wounded over 100 more.
After the blast, a soldier whose name and position were both redacted in the report jumped out of bed and rushed into the base defense operations center, asking its personnel why they didn't catch it.
-snip-
Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/confusion-gripped-us-defenders-just-170002662.html