Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Latest Breaking News

Showing Original Post only (View all)

BumRushDaShow

(167,553 posts)
Thu Feb 12, 2026, 09:45 AM Thursday

US border czar says immigration crackdown in Minnesota will 'conclude' [View all]

Source: The Guardian

Thu 12 Feb 2026 09.57 EST
First published on Thu 12 Feb 2026 09.37


The Trump administration has claimed it is drawing down its immigration crackdown in Minnesota that led to the death of two US citizens, mass detentions and widespread protests.

The move was announced by Tom Homan, the US border czar, at a press briefing on Thursday. “I have proposed, and President Trump has concurred that this surge operation conclude,” Homan said, claiming that “a significant drawdown” has already been underway this week and will continue to the next week.

Agents in Minnesota will be returned to their normal duties or assigned elsewhere, Homan said. The number of agents in Minnesota will return to normal levels, which is about 100 agents, officials have previously said. But security teams will stay in place to respond to what Homan called “agitators” who oppose immigration agents’ work in the state.

Homan said he will remain on the ground in Minnesota for “a little longer” to oversee the drawdown of agents. Local and state officials had expressed they were hopeful for a drawdown, based on meetings with Homan, but that they wouldn’t believe it until they saw the evidence on the ground.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/feb/12/minnesota-ice-operation-retreat



Article updated.

Original article -

Thu 12 Feb 2026 09.37 EST
Last modified on Thu 12 Feb 2026 09.40 EST


The Trump administration has claimed it is drawing down its immigration crackdown in Minnesota that led to the death of two US citizens, mass detentions and widespread protests.

The move was announced by Tom Homan, the US border czar, at a press briefing on Thursday.

“I have proposed, and President Trump has concurred that this surge operation conclude,” Homan said, claiming that “a significant drawdown” has already been underway this week and will continue to the next week.

More details soon…
7 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»US border czar says immig...